Thursday, May 3, 2012

#348 Checklist #3
















What is this card?
Checklist #3, cards #243 to #363

This checklist marks the halfway point of the 1980 set, card #363. I realize that there have been many stops and starts since the beginning of this blog. I appreciate how patient most of you have been as personal events have taken me away from this blog for extended periods. I also appreciate your comments as we have gone on. We are trudging along, almost halfway there.

Why I love this card
It's a checklist, so these cards didn't get much of a reaction from me at the time, if any at all. Six future Hall of Famers are listed as is my favorite player that season, Richie Hebner.

Something else....
Here are some efforts from the 1961 Topps set. There are some great action shots here from Wrigley Field. It would have been nice if Topps had continued these traditions during the 1970s and 1980s. They definitely would have made the cards more enticing and probably more than the afterthought that they eventually became. 




1 comment:

  1. These are some of the ugliest checklists ever. Orange, red, puke green and yellow. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete